Masters of Ceremonies
• Pete Brown : From Leicester, England, he lived to travel until he got to Spain in Sept 2008 where he was seduced by the heat and Spanish tortilla. To keep himself out of trouble and off the streets, he came to Vaughan a year later. During his travels, he challenged a Mexican in a chilli eating contest, he lost. And word on the street is, he can play a didgeridoo!
• Carlota Romero : Born and raised in Madrid, she joined us in summer of 2012 having heard about Vaughan from Pete. She has lived in different countries like Canada, England and France.
Despite her rocky start in Vaughan arriving late to the meeting point in her first program, it has been smooth sailing since! We also heard that the alarm has been thrown away and is being kicked around under a bridge somewhere in Madrid.
• Alba Rosa Hernández : Alba was born in Melilla, a small city in the north of Africa. She´s an all singing, dancing, story- telling, bundle of energy kinda gal. As a child, she loved talking with anybody in any language at any time. Her mum realized very early on that she was not shy. At age 15, she was sent off to Finland to present a Comenius Project then afterwards, she travelled to Cambridge and studied at the Kings College.
Yes! That’s why her English is great! To top it all off, she studied drama in the Royal School of Drama in Madrid. You ask yourself, what was her next step, obviously Vaughan. The perfect job and a dream come true.
• Julian Azcarate: Born in NYC “the city that never sleeps”. raised in Buenos Aires, Argentina where he becomes a “Maestro” in BBQ´s and making “Chimichurri Sauce”, In 1999 he travels to Madrid only to stay for 6 months... 16 years later you can still find him here... Trained and experienced actor, Teacher, Woodworker, Surfer and UFO enthusiast joined our immersion programs in the summer of 2015 to meet other “aliens” such as himself, no luck yet.
• Jorge Quesada: This talented madrileño actor is equally comfortable with the most delicate, tear-jerking of roles as with big, loud, wig-wearing pantomimes! He is a card to be around, always has a good joke or anecdote on hand to entertain you with and knows his way around a karaoke machine! As an MC, he makes sure that the we are all having a good time, that we understand when and where we need to be and, if you need any advice - any advice at all! - he is the man to ask!