Retired Teachers Volunteer program
The Department of Education of the Regional Governments of Castile-Leon and Galicia want to enhance the English-learning process of pre-schoolers and early elementary school students, and they want to do it by bringing retired school teachers to help in the schools.
|This program has been temporarily suspended pending a review of budget by Spanish local government. If you are interested, please still send us an email at
and we will make sure to advise you as soon as we have an update.
Who this is for:
Retired Teachers and volunteers with teaching experience who are willing to live in Spain for 2 months to teach in public schools.
• To provide selected bilingual primary schools with the opportunity to practice their language ability, particularly their speaking skills
• To encourage the sharing of ideas and experiences between local and foreign teachers
• To improve your knowledge of Spanish culture and the Educational system
What will Vaughan Systems provide?
• Transportation from Madrid to and from the towns
• Insurance coverage for the duration of the program
• Housing (single or shared apartment) in the town where the school will be located.
Volunteers will shoulder their own flights to and from Madrid and any accommodation before and after the program.
Note: Non-EU residents do not require a visa since the program duration is less than three months.
Programs in Castile and Leon:
13 April, 2009 (2 months)
13 October, 2009 (2 months)
13 April, 2010 (2 months)
14 February - 14 April, 2011 (2 months)
Programs in Galicia:
20 September, 2010 (3 months)
14 February - 14 May, 2011 (3 months)
If you are interested in participating, please send a short write up about yourself and your CV to Mayte Ziga or Elsa Balsera at